Effective date: November 01, 2016
Welcome to Global Grandparents (“GGP,” “we,” “us” or “our”). GGP provides a platform for grandparents and grandchildren to communicate and share information via our custom-built platform.
- By using our Service you understand and agree that we are providing a platform for you to post content, including photos, comments and other materials (“User Content“), to the Service and to share User Content with your family members as approved by you.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following types of information.
- Your username, password and e-mail address (parents / guardians / grandparents only) when you register for an GGP account.
- Profile information that you provide for your user profile (e.g., first and last name, picture, phone number).
- User Content (e.g., photos, comments, and other materials) that you post to the Service.
- Communications between you and GGP. For example, we may send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). Note that you may not opt out of Service-related e-mails.
- HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- help you efficiently access your information after you sign in;
- remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service;
- provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing (in the case of parents / guardians / grandparents only);
- provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service;
- develop and test new products and features;
- monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns;
- diagnose or fix technology problems;
- automatically update the GGP application on your device;
- run contests, special offers or other events or activities (“Events”) on the Service; and / or
- to contact you by a variety of measures including, but not limited to telephone, email, sms or mail.
- COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
GGP takes the privacy of its users, including grandchildren, very seriously. The Children’s Online Privacy and Protection Act (“COPPA”) requires that online service providers obtain parental consent before they collect personally identifiable information online from children who are under 13. Therefore, we only collect personal information through the Services from a child under 13 where that child’s parent consent has been provided which is assumed when the parent creates and approves the creation of a child account. If we learn we have collected personal information from a child under 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 13 may have provided us personal information in violation of this paragraph, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Personal information is only supplied to a third party when it is required for the delivery of our services.
- We may from time to time need to disclose personal information to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, in the course of a legal proceeding or in response to a law enforcement agency request.
- We may also use your personal information to protect the copyright, trademarks, legal rights, property or safety of GGP, www.globalgrandaparents.com, its customers or third parties.
- Information that we collect may from time to time be stored, processed in or transferred between parties located in countries outside of Australia.
- If there is a change of control in our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser under an agreement to maintain confidentiality. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith and where required by any of the above circumstances.
- SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- GGP is committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
- ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- You may request details of personal information that we hold about you in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). A small administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. If you would like a copy of the information which we hold about you or believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please email us at email@example.com.
- We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
- COMPLAINTS ABOUT PRIVACY
If you have any complaints about our privacy practices, please feel free to send in details of your complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. We take complaints very seriously and will respond shortly after receiving notice of your complaint.
- When you come to our website (globalgrandaparents.com) we may collect certain information such as browser type, operating system, website visited immediately before coming to our site, etc. This information is used in an aggregated manner to analyse how people use our site, such that we can improve our service.
- Our site may from time to time have links to other websites not owned or controlled by us. These links are meant for your convenience only. Links to third party websites do not constitute sponsorship or endorsement or approval.
- HOW TO CONTACT US ABOUT A DECEASED USER
In the event of the death of an GGP User, please contact us via email@example.com. We will usually conduct our communication via email; should we require any other information, we will contact you at the email address you have provided in your request.
- HOW TO CONTACT US
- SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties outside GGP without your consent, except as noted in this Policy.