ARBITRATION NOTICE: EXCEPT IF YOU OPT-OUT AND EXCEPT FOR CERTAIN TYPES OF DISPUTES DESCRIBED IN THE ARBITRATION SECTION BELOW, YOU AGREE THAT DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND GGP WILL BE RESOLVED BY BINDING, INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION AND YOU WAIVE YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT OR CLASS-WIDE ARBITRATION.
- GGP takes the privacy of its users, and in particular of grandchildren, very seriously and are bound by the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“the Act”). The Children’s Online Privacy and Protection Act (“COPPA”) requires that online service providers obtain parental consent before they collect personally identifiable information online from children who are under 13. Therefore, we only collect personal information through the Services from a child under 13 where that child’s parent consent has been provided which is assumed when the parent creates and approves the creation of a child account. If we learn we have collected personal information from a child under 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 13 may have provided us personal information in violation of this paragraph, please contact us at email@example.com.
- You promise to only use the Service for your personal, internal, non-commercial use, and only in a manner that complies with all laws that apply to you. If your use of the Service is prohibited by applicable laws, then you aren’t authorized to use the Services. We can’t and won’t be responsible for you using the Services in a way that breaks the law.
- You are responsible for any activity that occurs through your account and you agree you will not sell, transfer, license or assign your account, followers, username, or any account rights. With the exception of parents that are expressly authorized to create accounts on behalf of their children and of their children’s grandparents, GGP prohibits the creation of and you agree that you will not create an account for anyone other than yourself. You also represent that all information you provide or provided to GGP upon registration and at all other times will be true, accurate, current and complete and you agree to update your information as necessary to maintain its truth and accuracy.
- You agree that you will not solicit, collect or use the login credentials of other GGP users.
- You are responsible for keeping your password secret and secure.
- You must not defame, stalk, bully, abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate people or entities and you must not post private or confidential information via the Service, including, without limitation, your or any other person’s credit card information, social security or alternate national identity numbers, non-public phone numbers or non-public email addresses.
- You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You agree to comply with all laws, rules and regulations (for example, federal, state, local and provincial) applicable to your use of the Service and your Content (defined below), including but not limited to, copyright laws.
- You are solely responsible for your conduct and any data, text, files, information, usernames, images, graphics, photos, profiles, audio and video clips, sounds, musical works, works of authorship, applications, links and other content or materials (collectively, “Content”) that you submit, post or display on or via the Service.
- You must not change, modify, adapt or alter the Service or change, modify or alter another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Service or GGP.
- You must not use domain names or web URLs in your username without prior written consent from GGP.
- You may not post violent, nude, partially nude, discriminatory, unlawful, infringing, hateful, pornographic or sexually suggestive photos or other content via the Service.
- You must not interfere or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, including by transmitting any worms, viruses, spyware, malware or any other code of a destructive or disruptive nature. You may not inject content or code or otherwise alter or interfere with the way any GGP page is rendered or displayed in a user’s browser or device.
- You must not create accounts with the Service through unauthorized means, including but not limited to, by using an automated device, script, bot, spider, crawler or scraper.
- We reserve the right to modify or terminate the Service or your access to the Service for any reason, without notice, at any time, and without liability to you. You can deactivate your GGP account by notifying us via firstname.lastname@example.org. Your account, your photos, comments and all other data will no longer be accessible through your account, but will be made available to you via an export function.
- We reserve the right to refuse access to the Service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- We reserve the right to force forfeiture of any username for any reason.
- You agree that you are responsible for all data charges you incur through use of the Service.
- The Service that we provide is a subscription service. The holder of the Grandparent Account is required to pay, or have paid for them, an ongoing monthly/annual subscription fee for the use of the Service (“Subscription Fee”).
- For every Grandparent Account, you can create unlimited Grandchild Accounts. The use of the Grandchild Account and of the overseeing Parent Account is free of charge while the Grandparent Account is active.
- GGP reserves its rights to cancel the Grandparent Account, Parent Account(s) and Grandchild Account(s) if the Subscription Fee is not paid when due.
- You acknowledge that we may not always identify paid services, sponsored content, or commercial communications as such.
- The Service contains content owned or licensed by GGP (“GGP Content”). GGP Content is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws, and, as between you and GGP, GGP owns and retains all rights in the GGP Content and the Service. You will not remove, alter or conceal any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the GGP Content and you will not reproduce, modify, adapt, prepare derivative works based on, perform, display, publish, distribute, transmit, broadcast, sell, license or otherwise exploit the GGP Content.
- The GGP name and logo are trademarks of GGP, and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of GGP. In addition, all page headers, custom graphics, button icons and scripts are service marks and/or trademarks of GGP, and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without prior written permission from GGP.
- Although it is GGP’s intention for the Service to be available as much as possible, there will be occasions when the Service may be interrupted, including, without limitation, for scheduled maintenance or upgrades, for emergency repairs, or due to failure of telecommunications links and/or equipment. Also, GGP reserves the right to remove any Content from the Service for any reason, without prior notice. Content removed from the Service may continue to be stored by GGP, including, without limitation, in order to comply with certain legal obligations, but may not be retrievable without a valid court order. Consequently, GGP encourages you to maintain your own backup of your Content. In other words, GGP is not a backup service and you agree that you will not rely on the Service for the purposes of Content backup or storage. GGP will not be liable to you for any modification, suspension, or discontinuation of the Services, or the loss of any Content. You also acknowledge that the Internet may be subject to breaches of security and that the submission of Content or other information may not be secure.
- If you choose to send us content, information, ideas, suggestions, or other materials, you agree that GGP is free to use any such content, information, ideas, suggestions or other materials, for any purposes whatsoever, including, without limitation, developing and marketing products and services, without any liability or payment of any kind to you.
Advertisements – Third Party Services
- GGP may from time to time include on the Service promotions for and links to services offered by third parties (“Third Party Services”). These Third Party Services are not provided by GGP.
- Third Party Services are offered to you pursuant to terms and conditions offered by the third party. Third Party Services are promoted on GGP Platform as a convenience to our Users who may find the Third Party Services of interest or of use.
- If you engage with any Third Party Service provider then your agreement will be directly between you and that Third Party Service provider.
- GGP makes no representation or warranty in respect to the Third Party Services.
Disclaimer of Warranties
THE SERVICE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, GGP CONTENT, IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS”, “AS AVAILABLE” AND “WITH ALL FAULTS” BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, NEITHER GGP NOR ITS AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES, MANAGERS, OFFICERS OR AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “GGP PARTIES”) MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OR ENDORSEMENTS OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO: (A) THE SERVICE; (B) THE GGP CONTENT; (C) USER CONTENT; OR (D) SECURITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE TRANSMISSION OF INFORMATION TO GGP OR VIA THE SERVICE. IN ADDITION, THE GGP PARTIES HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, CUSTOM, TRADE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, SYSTEM INTEGRATION AND FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUS.
BY ACCESSING OR USING THE SERVICE YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOUR ACTIVITIES ARE LAWFUL IN EVERY JURISDICTION WHERE YOU ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICE.
THE GGP PARTIES DO NOT ENDORSE CONTENT AND SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY TO ANY PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE (WHETHER ACTUAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR OTHERWISE), INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY OR OTHER CAUSE OF ANY KIND OR CHARACTER BASED UPON OR RESULTING FROM ANY CONTENT.
Limitation of Liability; Waiver
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THE GGP PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, ECONOMIC, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSSES OR DAMAGES) THAT ARE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RELATED TO: (A) THE SERVICE; (B) THE GGP CONTENT; (C) USER CONTENT; (D) YOUR USE OF, INABILITY TO USE, OR THE PERFORMANCE OF THE SERVICE; (E) ANY ACTION TAKEN IN CONNECTION WITH AN INVESTIGATION BY THE GGP PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES REGARDING YOUR OR ANY OTHER PARTY’S USE OF THE SERVICE; (F) ANY ACTION TAKEN IN CONNECTION WITH COPYRIGHT OR OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OWNERS; (G) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE SERVICE’S OPERATION; OR (H) ANY DAMAGE TO ANY USER’S COMPUTER, MOBILE DEVICE, OR OTHER EQUIPMENT OR TECHNOLOG. IN NO EVENT WILL THE GGP PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR LOSS, DAMAGE OR INJURY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY. IN NO EVENT WILL THE GGP PARTIES TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES OR CAUSES OR ACTION EXCEED A MONETARY AMOUNT EQUIVALENT TO THE LAST MONTHLY/ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION FEE PAID BY YOU.
YOU AGREE THAT IN THE EVENT YOU INCUR ANY DAMAGES, LOSSES OR INJURIES THAT ARISE OUT OF GGP’S ACTS OR OMISSIONS, THE DAMAGES, IF ANY, CAUSED TO YOU ARE NOT IRREPARABLE OR SUFFICIENT TO ENTITLE YOU TO AN INJUNCTION PREVENTING ANY EXPLOITATION OF ANY WEB SITE, SERVICE, PROPERTY, PRODUCT OR OTHER CONTENT OWNED OR CONTROLLED BY THE GGP PARTIES, AND YOU WILL HAVE NO RIGHTS TO ENJOIN OR RESTRAIN THE DEVELOPMENT, PRODUCTION, DISTRIBUTION, ADVERTISING, EXHIBITION OR EXPLOITATION OF ANY WEB SITE, PROPERTY, PRODUCT, SERVICE, OR OTHER CONTENT OWNED OR CONTROLLED BY THE GGP PARTIES.
GGP IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE US, OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES.
Neither you nor GGP will participate in a class action or class-wide arbitration for any claims covered by this agreement. You also agree not to participate in claims brought in a private attorney general or representative capacity, or consolidated claims involving another person’s account, if GGP is a party to the proceeding.
You may opt out of this agreement to arbitrate. If you do so, neither you nor GGP can require the other to participate in an arbitration proceeding. To opt out, you must notify GGP in writing within 30 days of the date that you first became subject to this arbitration provision.
You may not assign, delegate, or transfer these Terms or your rights or obligations hereunder, or your Services account, in any way (by operation of law or otherwise) without GGP’s prior written consent. We may transfer, assign, or delegate these Terms and our rights and obligations without consent.
Time Limitation on Claims
You agree that any claim you may have arising out of or related to your relationship with GGP must be filed within one year after such claim arose; otherwise, your claim is permanently barred.
Governing Law & Venue
The Terms are governed by the laws of New South Wales, Australia. Any dispute, controversy, proceeding or claim of whatever nature arising out of or in any way relating to the Terms and the rights created hereby shall be governed, interpreted and construed by, under and pursuant to the laws of New South Wales, Australia, without reference to conflict of law principles, notwithstanding mandatory rules. The validity of this governing law clause is not contested. The Terms shall be binding to the benefit of the parties hereto and their successors and assigns.
Entire Agreement between you and GGP